Friday, June 29, 2012

Love

People tell you about the love you have for your children but there is truly no way to explain to someone how your heart feels like it could not grow anymore but it does. My heart hurts because I love Hope so much. She makes all things better. Her smile will melt your heart. Deep down I always knew somehow I would be a mom but I never thought I would be given a gift as perfect as Hope. I am so grateful that I get to experience the greatest love one can feel. I lay awake praying for my friends who are still waiting to hold their miracle babies. My heart hurts for them as they wait. I pray they get to experience the joy of being a mom. So far the most amazing experience has been nursing my sweet girl. There is nothing like the feeling of giving your child everything they need. There is nothing sweeter then looking down and seeing her latched on. There is nothing more calming then watching her fall asleep while nursing away. And nothing will melt your heart more then watching your sweet one smile while nursing. I just don't understand why everyone wouldn't want to nurse! I love everything about nursing;) and am so excited about doing for a long to come! Today I washed my phone in the washer. I think 3 1/2 months of not sleeping longer then a 3 hour stretch at a time has finally caught up with me. I am so grateful for a husband who is gracious and gentle with me. He never got upset and actually didn't make fun of me too much. I am so thankful that instead of having to pay 649 dollars to replace my phone the Apple store gave me a replacement phone for 149. The Lord is good! I also got my first pair of jeans since having a baby. I am excited to not be wearing maternity jeans anymore. Bottom line, this is not the weight I want or will be at but, I just had a baby 3 months ago and I will give myself a little grace. It took me 9 months to put it on so I should allow myself 9 months to lose it but I don't think it will take that long! Healthy eating and trying to get in an exercise here and there will really help! It is late and I am actually up watching the Olympic gymnastic trials which I will most likely be regretting since Hope will most likely be up for her first snack at 12:30 but this only happens every 4 years so I will be fine! Lets just hope I can fall right asleep....who am I kidding....I can always fall asleep now!! To my sweet love, Hope your mommy loves you more then you know!

1 comment:

Becki said...

This made me tear up. The love a mother has for her child really cannot be explained & I am so happy you finally get to experience it for yourself!!

P.s. I'm suuuuper pissed that I missed the gymnastics trials!!!! :(